This website has been designed to help and assist anyone that wishes to study the Martial Art of Judo. At the same time this site allows to get a better insight into the Imperial Judo Club, and it’s members.
The Imperial Judo Club was founded in 1982 by Jeff Jones. Today the club is spread over two locations, offering six practice sessions supported by five registered coaches. Our current membership is in excess of 200.
The development of the Imperial Judo Club is mainly due to the efforts of Senior Coach Jeff Jones, who started the club in 1982 within the Penyrheol Leisure Centre Complex, Gorseinon. The club has expanded to two practice centres around the Swansea area, the main site is situated at Penyrheol Leisure Centre and the other at ‘St. Michaels Church Hall’ in Manselton. The head coach at the respective centres is Phil Craven who with the help of other Coaches have lately lifted the club to greater success. We have many junior, youth and senior players participating in National and International activities.
Imperial Members that have achieved medals and presitgious events globally include Head Coach Phil Craven, Dafyedd Thomas, Jonathan Craven, Lauren Craven, Chris Jones.
The Imperial Judo Club has appointed a Child Protection Officer. The Imperial Judo Club recognises that it has both a moral and legal obligation to ensure that when it is given responsibility for children, it provides them with the highest possible standard of care.
It recognises that:
- Children’s welfare must always be the first priority.
- All children have a right to be protected from harm.
- All allegations should be taken seriously and responded to quickly.
- It needs to encourage interaction between children and the organisation and to ensure that the best principles for conduct are conveyed to them.
- It needs to encourage relationships between children and the organisation and take the Judo specifics into consideration including rules and a need for the coaches and officials to be aware of the demands that Judo may place upon a young developing Judoka.
There are many aims of the Imperial Judo Club, one of which is help our members learn as much about Judo as they require. The club has invested a lot of time and money in building up of a video library which includes Self-Defence, Arm Locks, Strangles, Basic & Advanced Throws, Advanced Techniques, including the Kodokan Video Collection.
Enjoy the Site !!!